Sunday, June 19, 2011

Babies, New Life, Pure Joy






If any of your readers are personal friends of mine or follow one of my cousins' blogs (http://www.countingeverymoment.blogspot.com/) or (http://www.bellstitches.blogspot.com/) you know that we have been waiting for a new addition to our family. Well, she finally arrived! "Sprout" is my cousin Erin and David's beautiful baby girl! They named her Campbell Adair! She was born on June 10th, weighing 8 lbs 11 oz and was 21 in long (BIG GIRL!). She is one of the most beautiful babies I have ever seen and I've seen a few (I worked at a day care for a summer and I've been babysitting for like...ever).


I dedicate this blog to this blog to Campbell and all the other babies in the world. Some people really do take these "little things" for granted. Some people may view them as a careless mistake, leverage to keep someone around/get money from someone, or another mouth to feed. However, babies are one of the most wonderful gifts in the world. They are pure innocence, joy, and new life!


My Sunday School Class is reading The Traveler's Gift by Andy Andrews. Last week, my aunt read a passage from the book that really made me think...well I can't remember it word for word, but it was something like this...when in a delivery room the one noise you want to hear when the mother makes the final push is the baby crying. Crying lets you know the baby is alive, it's breathing, it's in the world. If the baby isn't crying, that's a key sign that something is wrong. However, when we are at a restraunt, in the store, or at church and a baby starts crying most of us roll our eyes, are incredibly annoyed, and get mad at the parents for not controlling their child. Do you think the world would be a little better if we kept the delivery room mindset? Sure, a baby crying might bring a little volume to your nice meal, your shopping spree, or the sermon, but did you think maybe they are saying hello, or telling you they need something, or singing?


I have been known to be a pretty pessamistic person, but after reading that chapter by Andy and being at the hospital when baby Campbell came into this world I feel like I should try to change my mind set. Life is too short to take things for granted and to get frustrated over little things like a baby crying. I believe baby's are born with pure joy in their hearts. I'm going to try to bring that into mine!

Proud Mommy and Campbell

Daddy reading Campbell a story!


Campbell Adair!







No comments:

Post a Comment