Thursday, August 16, 2012

Maybe it's not all that bad...

Have you ever sat in your room, hiding under blankets, thinking about every stress & trouble & heartache you experience? It's so draining. Personally, it makes me never want to get out of bed. Eventually I do get up, get ready, & head to work (or wherever else I need to go that day). I try to surpass the stress & trouble & heartache, but at some point in the day, it trickles back to the front of my brain. Honestly, it's usually when someone says something stupid (or what I consider to be stupid) or rude or hurtful. It rushes everything back and I can't help but think my life stinks.

At the moment, I am listening to my Dad's tape recorder from when he and my Mom were in Haiti & a sermon he recorded at South East Christian. I hear about what happened on their mission trip with Water Step. I listen to the laughter & fellowship of the mission team. I am absorbed by the Creole words. I am lost in the words of the little boy (whose first language is not English) sing "Come, Now is the Time to Worship". I am overpowered by the African preacher who talks about what is prayer and how to pray. I realize my life, by no means, stinks. It can be stressful at times. I have troubles. I suffer heartache. But it doesn't stink. My life is wonderful because I have Jesus in my life. I have an awesome God for an Abba, Father, Daddy. My life is incredible!

Right now I am about to start my senior year of college. To be honest, I'm ready for it to be over. I'm ready to be done with school, get out in the "real world," and do something with my life besides sit in a classroom. But God's telling me, it's not time yet. I'm needed here. I am struggling with many difficulties right now, but I realize that even though it some of my situations may be terrible that God will get me through this. He can get me through anything. Everything.

I was on Pinterest the other day (imagine that) and I saw a post that said something a long the lines of "when it seems like God isn't there, remember the teacher is always silent during a test". Isn't that so true? Maybe if I sit still and in silence, He will give me some advice...some study habits to follow.

Today, I am needed on my campus. Tomorrow, I may be needed in Henry County. The day after that, I may be needed in Haiti. I have no idea. But God does. He has a mission for me and I'm ready to discover it. I'm not saying it will always be easy, but I know He is on my side...so life...maybe it's not that bad...


No comments:

Post a Comment